NCCI — The Northwest Construction Careers Initiative — offers Waterbury residents the opportunity to pursue a career in the construction and building trades. Job training and employment possibilities include:
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30, and Hazwoper certifications
- Lead and Asbestos Abatement Licensing
- Apprenticeships in Plumbing, HVAC and Sheet Metal Work
Orientation sessions are held each Thursday on Zoom. You do not need to RSVP, but you are expected to join the meeting around 10 AM.
Zoom ID: 917-8652-7332
Applicants must have:
- High school diploma or GED
- CT driver's license and reliable transportation
- Commitment to complete the program
How to Apply
Individuals interested in learning more about the program are encouraged to register for an information session. To do so, please contact Larry Devito or Joe Diorio.
Meet the Team
The Northwest Construction Careers Initiative is particularly helpful to Waterbury job seekers because the program administers the City of Waterbury's Good Job Ordinance. The ordinance requires publicly-funded construction contractors to hire a percentage of Waterbury residents.